From the ancient Andes to the Dr. Oz. show The Peruvian tube root of the Yacon has travelled a long way.
So just what is Yacon syrup?
It’s the product of the distilled roots of the Yacon plant, often referred to as the Peruvian ground apple because of its sweet flavor.
This syrup is very similar in texture to molasses and is frequently used as a natural sweeten-er. Delicious and sweet this syrup really works wonders in foods, causing taste buds dance with delight. But the Yacon is not just a simple sugar substitute, it’s been hailed as a rather miraculous sugar substitute.
Because Yacon syrup is laden with prebiotics especially fructooligosaccharides (FOS) which resist digestion before the colon it is incredibly low in calories making a fantastic sug-ar substitute for sweet, but healthy recipes, like you will see in this book. FOC is also incredi-bly helpful to the body because it fosters the growth of valuable bacteria which helps the di-gestive system become healthier.
It has also been linked to decreases in bad cholesterol and a boost in immune system capa-bilities. In fact, this little root is quite the miracle worker. It’s main benefit, as studies have consistently shown, is its fantastic weight loss capabilities.
In a study of Argentinean woman for instance in a three month period woman who began taking Yacon syrup lost over only 4 months 33 pounds and approximately 4 inches of waist circumference. This is a dramatic improvement and the reason Yacon syrup is being hailed as a new breakthrough in nutri-tion.
Yacon syrup is too revolutionary and too delicious to not have as part of of your diet. It’s best use is as a sugar substitute. It has a drastically lower calorie count than sugar and so from a simple caloric intake change will aid in weight loss.
However, this delectable syrup is not only just low in calories it is high in a host of other nu-trients and prebiotics like insulin and FOS, which increases weight lose even more. This syrup is revolutionary and needs to be a part of your diet, and the best part is, it’s so easy to incorporate into any diet that it means you don’t have any excuses anymore.
Some of the Best Yacon Syrup Recipes
This recipe book is your go to source for Yacon syrup recipes. If you want sweet delicious tasting meals with fewer calories and more prebiotics than you’ve ever had before, you don’t wait another second and dive into the incredible world of Yacon syrup.
1. Chocolate chip cookies with yacon
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup grapeseed oil or vegan shortening
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup yacon syrup
1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
6. Cool and serve
2. Yacon Salad Dressing
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3-4 tbsp yacon syrup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ginger
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Sweet yacon power shake
2 cups chocolate soy-milk or chocolate coconut milk
1 frozen banana
½ cup walnuts
1 TBS yacon syrup
Add strawberries to rim
Put all ingredients in blender
Blend until Smooth
Poor and enjoy
4. Yacon Syrup Dressing
3 tbsp extra virgin olive
3 tbsp yacon syrup
juice of one lemon
1 tbsp tahini
salt and pepper to taste
add ingredients to a small bowl
whisk until fully mixed
pour over salad and toss
5. Yacon syrup cookies
2 ½ cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
• Dash of salt
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup yacón syrup
• ¼ cup honey
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. ginger
• ¼ tsp. nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine wet ingredients into another small bowl.
3. Mix all ingredients together and blend well
4. Grease cookie sheet
6. Yacon Syrup Cream of Wheat
• 1 & ½ cups of water
• ½ cup of almond milk or 2% milk
• 5 tablespoons of cream of wheat
• ½ teaspoon of butter
• 1-2 sprinkles of salt
• 1 tablespoon of white or brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of Yacon Syrup.
Add water, milk, butter, sugar, and salt into a pan and bring to a slight boil – & then – slightly reduce
Stir in cream of wheat – and slowly stir (every minute) – to avoid lumps.
Desired creaminess or thickness will be obtained within 2-3minutes after adding cream of wheat.
Once in bowl – swirl on top or fully add in Yacon syrup.
7. Yacon Syrup Peanut Butter Balls
3 tbsp yacon syrup
¼ cup peanut butter – crunchy organic
¼ cup organic rolled oats
¼ cup organic dark chocolate morsels or pieces
Mix all together, roll into balls, refrigerate and enjoy.
8. Grilled Chicken with Yacon Glaze
1 cup yacon syrup
5 chicken breasts
2/3 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
tablespoons lemon juice
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Prepare the chicken breasts by cooking them your favorite way and season to your liking. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and drizzle over cooked chicken breasts. Serve and enjoy.
9. Yacon Syrup Caramel Corn
3/4 cup yacon syrup
• 1 5-ounce bag popcorn
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds
• 1/2 stick butter (4 tablespoons)
• 3 sheets Nori seaweed, toasted and ripped into little pieces
• 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
Pour the popcorn in a large bowl.
Over low heat, melt the butter and stir in the yacon syrup. Pour this warm mixture over popcorn and gently toss to coat.
Add the sesame seeds and torn Nori then toss one more time.
Allow the mixture to cool. Serve and enjoy.
10. Yacon syrup gluten free pumpkin spice cookies
1/2 cups blended cooked pumpkin (canned or fresh)
• 2 cups almond meal or flour (made with no skins)
• 1/2 cup spectrum organic shortening or coconut oil
• 1/2 cup yacon syrup
• 1 tbsp pure real vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp grey sea salt (or any healthy salt)
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (4 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground ginger, 1 part allspice, 1 part nutmeg)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Precook fresh pumpkin by steaming or baking. You can also use canned pumpkin.
2. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients including yacon syrup in one bowl. Mix.
3. Use a blender to mix all ingredients together.
4. Line a sheet with parchment paper and place large heaping tablespoons of batter on the paper.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.
11. Yacon syrup gluten free ginger cookies
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 2 tbsp dried ginger)
½ cup unrefined coconut oil
¼ cup yacon syrup
½ cup brown rice syrup or yacon syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine dry ingredients almond flour, salt, baking soda and dried ginger in a large bowl.
2. Combine unrefined coconut oil, yacon syrup, brown rice syrup and fresh ginger in a separate bowl.
3. Mix both bowls together.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes.
6. Let cool, serve.
12. Yacon Syrup Chocolate Sauce
5 tablespoons premium organic yacon syrup
1.5 tablespoons unrefined organic raw coconut oil
8 tablespoons organic unprocessed cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
2-3 tablespoons water
Mix the ingredients with the appropriate amount of water to get your optimal thickness. Chill and enjoy!
13.Ginger Pumpkin Kefir Cocktail
1 cup coconut or goat kefir (or yogurt would work)
• 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
• 1/2 cup ice cubes
• 1-2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
• 2 tbsp yacon syrup (or molasses or maple syrup would work too)
• *for sugar use stevia to taste instead of yacon syrup, or even a 1 banana would do great
Blend everything in your blender till smooth and creamy!
14. Raw Chocolate Raspberry Mousse with Yacon syrup.
Combine in food processor
1 medium avocado
1/3 cup raspberries
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 ½ tbsp yacon syrup
Blend until smooth
15. Sweet seed candies with Yacon syrup
½ cup yacon syrup
¼ cup hemp seeds
½ cup toasted sesame seeds
Oil a baking tray.
Over medium-low heat, warm the yacon syrup for a minute until it gets bubbly. Reduce the heat to low, add the seeds, and simmer for 3-4 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
Spread the mixture onto the pre-oiled tray into about a ¼ inch layer. Let cool completely (about 15-20 minutes). Use kitchen scissors to cut into squares or desired shape. Makes about 2 dozen candies.
16. Yacon syrup tea
Mix ¼ cup Yacon syrup and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil in a large pitcher, add 64 ounces of hot water and 4 tea pouches, steep for 5 minutes , chill and serve over ice with lime.
17. Yacon syrup caramel corn
2/3 cup yacon syrup
4 1/2 tablespoons Sweetleaf Stevia Plus powder*
5 tablespoons soy-free Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 quarts popped popcorn
3/4 cup pecan pieces (optional)
1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a rolling boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drizzle over popcorn and pecans and toss to combine until popcorn is evenly coated.
2. Lay popcorn flat on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes. Let cool for about 20-30 minutes before serving, or until popcorn is crisp.
18. Raw vegan yacon caramel sauce
* 15 Medjool dates, soaked for 20 minutes
* 1/2 cup almond butter
* 1/4 cup raw honey
* 1/4 cup yacon syrup
* 2 Tbsp lucuma
* 1 Tbsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* dash Himalaya salt
Blend all ingredients together, using a little bit of the soak water to get it going. Add more soak water if needed. Serve with cinnamon and apple slices.
19. Creamy Coconut pops with yacon syrup
• 2½ cups canned coconut milk, full fat
• ½ cup Yacon Syrup plus a few tablespoons more for topping
• 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
• sea salt
1. In a medium bowl combine the coconut milk, yacon syrup, cinnamon and a dash of sea salt.
2. Prepare 8-10 popsicle molds by drizzling a teaspoon of yacon syrup into the bottoms and grinding a touch of sea salt. Fill each mold with the coconut milk mixture.
3. Freeze for 6 hours, or until solid.
4. Serves 8-10
20. Yacon Candied Pecans
2 cups pecans
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons yacon syrup
• ½ tsp celtic sea salt
1. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
4. Cool and serve